The Morpho - Distribution, diversification, behavior Sept 25, 2016 13:31:27 GMT -8
Post by lepidofrance on Sept 25, 2016 13:31:27 GMT -8
Les Morpho - Distribution, diversification, comportement[/div]
The Morpho - Distribution, diversification, behavior
A publication of the Association France lepidopterists (ALF)
Scientific accuracy, accessibility, originality.
Foreword (Luc Manil) - Abbreviations - Acknowledgements - The wings morphology (Jean-Marc Gayman, Jacques Ouvaroff & Luc Manil)
Chapter I - The genus Morpho - Taxonomy, ethology, geographic distribution (Jean-Marc Gayman & Bruce Purser)
- Structure and properties of the wings of Morphidae (Serge Berthier)
Chapter II - The Mata Atlantica (Jean-Marc Gayman)
Chapter III - The central Andes (Bruce Purser & Daniel Lacomme)
Chapter IV - The northern Andes (Bruce Purser & Daniel Lacomme)
Chapter V - Venezuela - a crossroads and endemism (Jean-Marc Gayman)
Chapter VI - The Amazon and the Guianas (Daniel Lacomme & Jean-Marc Gayman)
Chapter VII - Morpho from Central America (Jean-Marc Gayman)
Chapter VIII - Early Stages (Fréderic Bénéluz)
Chapter IX - Diversification of Morpho (Bruce Purser)
Chapter X - Descriptions of Morpho subspecies (Jacques Ouvaroff) and Morpho spread plates (Franck Merlier) (57 plates)
Distribution systematic Maps (30 spp.) (Daniel Lacomme, Jean-Marc Gayman & Luc Manil)
Appendix 1 - Collecting Morpho: Regulations
Appendix 2 - Search Morpho, some "good addresses"
Morphology of the adults, larval stages, concise records of all 30 species and 220 subspecies; flora, fauna features and palaeogeographic evolution of each region ...
Imagos spread of all species and their main subspecies, and the majority of them in natura. larval stages. Photos of the most typical habitats. Many regional and general maps (one per species).
Originality of the work
1. Summary of biogeographic fauna based on six regions, with description and illustration of all species and their most typical subspecies.
2. Paleogeographic evolution of the Neotropical region and its wildlife.
3. Photographs of high quality habitats, imagos in natura and samples of collection.
4. Larval stages and host plants.
5. Maps for each species and its subspecies. Regional maps showing the stations of all Morpho living there.
6. Field observations and behavior of butterflies.
408 pages in full color. Luxury edition, cardboard and plastic cover.
Date: September 2016.
ISBN: 978-2-9558531-0-8 EAN: 9782955853108
Information available on our Internet site: www.lepido-france.fr
Available Work in various general and specialized booksellers